Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Packing

Greetings,

Just like any trip whether it be a weekend or a month, packing is involved.  I have accomplished this task and feel mostly confident that I have succeeded.  The doubt lingers in my mind that I over-packed or under packed, I packed the wrong things or I did not pack the right things.  The uncertainty of what I will need or want is daunting.  However, it is what it is.  I can't very well change it now.  My room was a wreck the past few days because I unpacked and repacked, rinsed and repeated.

As you can see, it resembled the after effects of a natural disaster.  For the past couple of months I have been practicing minimalist packing.  During weekend trips I packed very lightly to prepare for a month of lightly packed luggage.  I read packing tips from flight attendants, took advice from well-traveled friends and used the good ole google to research the best way to pack.  Which brings me to my final packed bag.  I was able to reduce my selected wardrobe down to one suitcase and a backpack--that is it.  I even have room to spare in both to bring items back!

In case you are curious and perhaps want a reference the next time you pack this is my list:
underwear
2 bras
2 sports bras
socks
2 black tights/nylon
2 athletic shorts
2 t-shirts
2 pairs of jeans
2 pairs of khaki pants
yoga pants
green shorts
black and white skirt
coral dress
turquoise dress
pink long sleeve shirt/sweater
black sweater
black dressy tank
grey blazer
black blazer
4 V-neck shirts (white, grey, pink, green)
long sleeve black shirt
black cami
orange tank top
white button up shirt
coral blouse
floral tank top
Wyoming Sweatshirt
light jacket

turquoise Keds
grey/black Converse type shoes
black dressy flats

small hoop earrings
small silver earrings
pink studs
versatile purple/blue/brown necklace
scarf
belt
Swim Suit

towel
wash rag
make up
shampoo & conditioner
soap/pouf
toothpaste & tooth brush
bandaids
tylenol
benadryl
epi pens
motion sickness medicine
pepto bismal
brush
bobby pins
hair ties


And that't it folks.  I'm taking no more, no less.  My suitcase is zipped shut.  I feel quite accomplished that I could fit all of that into my bag and still have room to spare, plus I have space on my carry-on backpack.  My grandma gave me a handy dandy luggage scale and my bag comes in well below the maximum limit of 70lbs at 27.4lbs.  I look forward to bringing some treasures back in all the extra room I left myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let(ter) it begin

Let(ter) it begin
Letter of Acceptance